INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TelCel Voice Mail

+2
ferret
BisbeeGal
6 posters

Go down

TelCel Voice Mail Empty TelCel Voice Mail

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:27 am

How do I listen to messages?  When I dial *86, I get to an automated message.  She speaks so fast!  I can hear the part that says I have 4 messages, but don't know what to do next to get them to play.  I googled and got some "answers" none of which worked.  I entered what I **think** is my passcode followed by #, but the auto message simply repeated itself.  Same when I entered "1" which is how other email systems start to play your messages.

I don't usually get voice mails, so it's probably been years since I last needed to play any.

Any advice appreciated!
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

TelCel Voice Mail Empty Re: TelCel Voice Mail

Post by ferret Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:00 am

And I'd like to know how to delete a voice message on my Samsung S4. I am not interested in voice messages nor do I want a passcode to retrieve any left on my phone. Seems to me that it's ass backwards... no one should be able to leave a message if you haven't set up a code to retrieve them. It would be a great way to generate income for Telcel though since they could put voice messages on your phone that, I believe you have to pay to retrieve them if you have a contract with Telcel? I just use Amigo anyway so how would they possibly charge me. Haven't had a voice message since I cancelled the contract.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:42 am

My contract give me free Voice Mail. What I'd like to do, is retrieve/listen to the existing voice mails, then disable voice mail altogether!
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

MichaelB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:50 pm

Although I occasionally get a voice mail, I can't retrieve them at all, because I use pay-as-you-go Paquetes, which I assume doesn't support the 86 service. If I try to call it, I get a message saying I don't have saldo to call.

However, when I used to buy regular Amigo, I would listen to voice mails. That was years ago, so I don't  know if it has changed since, but after the fast talk recording, I did nothing, and the messages started playing. It would say, super slowly, in Spanish, "You have a new message from #xxx xxx xxxx", and then it would play.

After each message, it would say, "Press 1 to save, 2 to delete", something like that, I can't remember exactly.
Maybe ask someone who is bilingual to decipher the message you are getting?

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:54 pm

A voice message left on Whatsapp seems to make this feature redundant.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:47 pm

Plan B wrote:A voice message left on Whatsapp seems to make this feature redundant.

I am a Whatsapp user, however my current problem is trying to retrieve voice mails left for me on TelCel.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:54 pm

There are many people who don't use Whatsapp. A bunch of my Canadian friends didn't know anything about it. It's used extensively in Mexico, because you don't need to buy cellphone time to use it, you just need an internet connection. But up north many people almost never have occasion to phone internationally and have cell plans that let them phone and text unlimited within the country.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:05 pm

mudgirl wrote:There are many people who don't use Whatsapp. A bunch of my Canadian friends didn't know anything about it. It's used extensively in Mexico, because you don't need to buy cellphone time to use it, you just need an internet connection. But up north many people almost never have occasion to phone internationally and have cell plans that let them phone and text unlimited within the country.

I first heard of Whatsapp years ago in EU where it's been popular for years.  

I prefer Whatsapp as when you put things in writing like date and time, there's far less chance of misunderstanding.  If it's complicated I use an auto-translator to send it in Spanish or whatever language I need.  

Unfortunately I can't control how someone calls me and then leaves a TelCel voice mail!

Again, appreciate any help on accessing messages and/or disabling voice mail on my TelCel line.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:06 pm

Yes, as far as I'm aware, whatsapp is used extensively in many parts of the world, just not as much in Canada and the US. I started using it when I realized I could use it to call my elderly stepmom in the UK for free.

I'm sure it's possible to call Telcel and get them to disable your voicemail, but I don't know how to do that. It might be easier to just go into a main Telcel office. They could also help you listen to the voicemail before disabling it.

When I was retreiving voicemail messages years ago, I found most of them were dead calls- the caller had hung up before leaving a message. That happens a lot if someone is trying to call you from the US or Canada. I've had friends try to call me and told me "I got a message in Spanish, so I just hung up".
I always figured if someone was trying to get ahold of me by phone and just got the voicemail, and I never responded, if it was important enough, they would send an SMS message.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MFT Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:42 pm

I've dealt with most of the above.  I found the best solution was to go the TelCel in Laguna Mall and asked them to cancel Voice Mail.  No Voice Mail, .....no problems.

MFT

Irish Gal, ferret and Plan B like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cerebrozo Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:53 am

I've been using Telcel's "Paquete Amigo Sin Límite 200" for many years. I used to get voice-mail for free. About 6 or 7 months ago Telcel began charging me 1.19 pesos every time I call in to my voice-mail mailbox. The fee is deducted from my "Saldo Amigo" account balance each time I access the mailbox. I'm not sure why this started or what's going to happen when my account balance falls down to zero.
cerebrozo
cerebrozo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:58 am

cerebrozo wrote:I've been using Telcel's "Paquete Amigo Sin Límite 200" for many years.  I used to get voice-mail for free.  About 6 or 7 months ago Telcel began charging me 1.19 pesos every time I call in to my voice-mail mailbox.  The fee is deducted from my "Saldo Amigo" account balance each time I access the mailbox.  I'm not sure why this started or what's going to happen when my account balance falls down to zero.

Can you tell me how you retrieve/listen to the voice mails?  After I get to the *86 and the auto message starts, what key do I hit to play messages?
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:08 am

Did you try what I mentioned upthread? That I used to just wait through the initial message and it continued on its own to play the messages without me hitting any key?

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:55 am

mudgirl wrote:Did you try what I mentioned upthread? That I used to just wait through the initial message and it continued on its own to play the messages without me hitting any key?

Yes. It repeats the automated message, does not play messages. After 4 repeat, it disconnects.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:29 pm

I can't remember what it was I was dealing with lately (it wasn't Telcel) but the message was kind of garbled when it said what number to punch in to get to what I wanted. So I just tried it with various numbers. It turned out to be 9.

I found this online- maybe it will help. Apparently you have to set up a 4 digit PIN to listen to the messages. Then when you call *86, you enter your PIN # and then press 1.

https://www.clubcruceros.net/Life/MexicanPhone.html

Last edited by mudgirl on Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:39 pm

mudgirl wrote:I can't remember what it was I was dealing with lately (it wasn't Telcel) but the message was kind of garbled when it said what number to punch in to get to what I wanted. So I just tried it with various numbers. It turned out to be 9.

I have tried all of them. With and without my passcode; with and without last 4 digits phone number (someone suggested that).
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:41 pm

I just added to my post above. But it seems you already have a voicemail PIN?

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cerebrozo Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:53 am

BisbeeGal wrote:
cerebrozo wrote:I've been using Telcel's "Paquete Amigo Sin Límite 200" for many years.  I used to get voice-mail for free.  About 6 or 7 months ago Telcel began charging me 1.19 pesos every time I call in to my voice-mail mailbox.  The fee is deducted from my "Saldo Amigo" account balance each time I access the mailbox.  I'm not sure why this started or what's going to happen when my account balance falls down to zero.

Can you tell me how you retrieve/listen to the voice mails?  After I get to the *86 and the auto message starts, what key do I hit to play messages?

From the main menu:
To hear new messages press "1".

Then from the next menu:
After hearing a new message, to save it press "2".
After hearing a new message, to delete it press "3".

From the main menu:
To hear saved messages press "2".

Then from the next menu:
After hearing a saved message, to keep it saved press "2".
After hearing a saved message, to delete it press "3".

To exit end the call (i.e. "hang up")
cerebrozo
cerebrozo
Share Holder
Share Holder

SunFan, SunshineyDay, cerebrozo and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down