INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Critical times

+2
mudgirl
Jreboll
6 posters

Go down

Critical times Empty Critical times

Post by Jreboll Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:30 am

https://youtu.be/zx9oYkCwfrg?si=5e0xEhzisqdACWfw

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Critical times Empty Re: Critical times

Post by mudgirl Thu May 02, 2024 10:17 pm

It's really scary. I haven't gotten city water in Sayulita since the first of March. Having to buy pipas and be super conservative. Scooping dirty dish water out of the sink to water my plants. Meanwhile, more construction going on, complete with swimming pools. So insane.
Obrador is such an a**. Just stands there and blatantly lies.
Thinking I may have to move back to Canada in the not too distant future. There's drought there, too, but at least they are better at managing the water they have.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 03, 2024 9:36 am

Wow..... That sucks. Are all of Sayulita's wells dry or just in particular areas?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri May 03, 2024 10:11 am

You can bet your sweet bippy that all those high class hotels in Punta de Mita have lots of water for their swimming pools and fountains. And all those big houses in Sayulita have huge aljibes and pools too. You've heard of siphoning gas? Pretty soon people will be siphoning water... and it's not such a big deal if you accidentally get a mouthful.
I'm in the process of setting up a rainwater capture system. I've finally decided to go with three ordinary garbage containers (although they're big). Capture into the first which will be linked at the bottom to the other two. Found the connections for that, the tap and the overflow on Amazon. The garbage cans came from Walmart.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri May 03, 2024 1:06 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Wow..... That sucks. Are all of Sayulita's wells dry or just in particular areas?

As far as I know, Sayulita only has 2 big wells, located at the same place. Then it goes to pumping stations. They've been saying for years they are going to dig more wells, but they don't.

They open and close valves to different lines at different times of day, and on different days. My neighbors and I are at the end of a line and there is a small rise in the topography on the road just before us. They have to up the pressure to get the water up that rise. All the people on the flat before that rise get water. Same with some other parts of town.

But even the centro is getting not much water now.
What really burns me up is when I see people who are getting water spraying it on the road to keep the dust down, when others don't have water to shower or flush the toilet.

I just passed a property out before me that always has leaks. It's a lot where some idiot locals keep horses. It's an illegal connection and the water company has disconnevted them many times. Then the caballeros just reconnect it. There is water in the line now, and it was gushing out of all the many funky hose connections and overflowing their water barrel because the float doesn't work. I shut off their valve, which they hide in the bushes and sent photos of all the water running down the street to the water company.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

rafterbr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri May 03, 2024 1:12 pm

"And all those big houses in Sayulita have huge aljibes and pools too."

Yes, and more of them being built all the time. But they are having to buy pipas of water now, too. They need to have a moratorium on swimming pools here and in other places, too. But things are so corrupt- even if told you can't build a pool, they'd just grease some palms and go right ahead.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri May 03, 2024 3:05 pm

Mudgirl said " I shut off their valve, which they hide in the bushes and sent photos of all the water running down the street to the water company."

You go girl! Good on ya!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri May 03, 2024 5:43 pm

I've reported that property several times before, which is why the water company then comes out and disconnects them. Then the caballero cabrones just reconnect it.
I'm definitely an activist when it comes to criminal waste of water.
One night earlier this year when we were still getting plenty of water with good pressure, that property was spewing water all night. In the morning, the entire road was a flooded mud pit for about 600 meters. It was enough water to service the entire town for a day, I figured.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret and SunFan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Mon May 06, 2024 7:52 pm

It sounds like yours is more of a water pressure situation than a water deficiency one, no?
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Mon May 06, 2024 8:56 pm

Texas saying, "Whiskey's for drinking, water is for fighting"
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, SunFan and rafterbr like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue May 07, 2024 12:57 pm

RickS wrote:It sounds like yours is more of a water pressure situation than a water deficiency one, no?

Both. When the municipal wells are low, they don't want to turn up the pressure. I don't quite understand it. I think they want to send the little bit of water they have to businesses in the centro, and assume there is some palm greasing going on as to who gets water and who doesn't. And the pump doesn't have to work so hard when the pressure isn't turned up to get to the areas of higher elevation.

When the wells start to fill up in the rainy season, I get water every day or two with strong pressure. So I had no water issues from early August to the beginning of March.

This has been happening since I've lived in my current location, for 16 years. It was worse when a local crook was running the water system here and wasn't answerable to anyone. At least the water company who took it over are responsive to reports and try to make it run more efficiently.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue May 07, 2024 4:51 pm

P.S. I don't need water pressure to get up to my tinako on the roof- I have a cistern and a pump. They just aren't turning up the pressure enough to get any water to my area at all.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down